a friend forwarded this material with this note . . .I realize that some of you have already decided on your own candidate for President, but I’m forwarding you this e-mail written by a 19 year old so that we may all have the opportunity to see others in a different light.
Let’s make sure that we are able to assess our candidate properly. We deserve the candidate that we vote.
With May 10, 2010, fast approaching, Im excited because as a 19 year old, I will be voting for the first time.
As a young girl, my vote represent a turning point for my future and I want to vote for the right person for the job.
As a BS Psychology student, this is how I decide my vote,
1. I am hiring a PRESIDENT (to take care of my future)
2. I have a 2 job resumes and applications (No party affliations)
3. I asked myself, who am I going to hire?
4. One resume is the name of NOYNOY AQUINO and the second resume is GIBO TEODORO.
5. Now, I am reading the resume of NOYNOY AQUINO and in his resume,
1. 9 years as congressman and 3 years as senator
2. Bills filled: 8 (Including Tarlac Day 2005)
3. Bills passed: ZERO
4. Very quiet and prefer to stay at the side rather than engage in discussion (No Legislation to speak off)
1. Never run a city; never run a business (no leadership to speak off)
2. Never lead the people in crisis because he prefer to keep quiet.
3. The least experience among the 8 candidate.
1. Retail Sales Supervisor – Nike Shoes
2. Assistant for advertising and promotion- Mondragon (Owned by Cory’s Friend who owes her a favor)
3. VP Best Security Corp (Family owned)
4. Field Service Manager – Azucarera (Family owned)
1. Ateneo de Manila – AB Economic
6. Then, I am reading the resume of GIBO TEODORO and in his resume,
1. 9 years as congressman
2. Bills filled: 113
3. Bills co-authored: 200
4. Bills passed into law: 12
5. Bills passed in congress but pending in senate: 65
6. Assistant Majority Leader (Leadership experience)
1. Secretary of National Defense
2. NDCC Chief
1. Lawyer, Estilleto Mendoza Law Firm
2. Founder, Evercrest Golf and Country Club
3. Chairman and CEO Suricon Resource Corp (Gotesco Owned)
4. Licensed Commercial Pilot
1. De La Salle University – BS Commerce
2. UP Bachelor of Laws
3. Dean’s Medal of Academic Excellence
4. Bar Topnotcher: No.1
5. New York Bar Passer
6. Harvard University – Master of Laws
7. Honorary Doctor of Laws Degree from West Negros University Bacolod
7. After reading the resumes (dont look at party affiliation), GIBO TEODORO has way better experience, with competence, charisma, character and better platform.
8. Why GIBO?
How the candidates handle their campaign speaks volume on how they will handle this nation. It’s sad to see that this campaign period, though already in the 21st century, is still much uncivilized. Someone said it’s the dirtiest campaign since 1960s. Campaigning for the presidency should not be fueled by hatred or anger. It shouldn’t be focused on mudslinging or maligning your opponents. The way other presidentiable’s handle their campaign is very insulting to the Filipinos. I think we deserve more than the negative campaigning they are throwing daily at our face through the mainstream media. How can these presidentiables bring positive change if their campaigns are fueled by hate, anger, and mudslinging?
“For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.”
Before the campaign started, I recall that these candidates promised to be always positive in their campaigns. Above all them, only Gibo stood to this promise. Until now, he stands on his promise and has executed positive campaigning. He refrained from putting down his opponents by saying bad things against them. Even though he’s been targeted from within his own party and from without, he still refuse to break his own principle of positive campaigning. He indeed embodies a new breed of politics.
“A man who lacks judgment derides his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his tongue.”
Though Gibo is not a biblical Christian, his campaign showed christian traits…not driven by hatred, no mudslinging, no badmouthing, very professional. I remember the Good Samaritan story. It wasn’t the Jews who were declared righteous, but the Samaritan. Why? Because his acts are righteous.
“Gibo maintains the highest form of professionalism in his campaign.”
– REP. CYNTHIA VILLAR (Wife of Presidentiable Manny Villar)
“Teodoro is the only presidential candidate with the three important attributes a good president must have, integrity, competence and character”
– BISHOP OSCAR CRUZ (a known GMA critic)
“Choose wise, understanding, and knowledgeable men from among your tribes, and I will make them heads over you.”
It’s sad to know that numerous people used to trade intelligence, knowledge, and ability over popularity and some empty slogan. Yet the Bible made a great emphasis on these things in choosing leaders. First above all requirements in bagging this top job must be competence. In all job applications, competence is the default priority requirement. We don’t just choose someone who will come up and say great words which are not backed up by their track records.
Obviously, among the 8 presidentiables, the most competent is Gibo. It’s very clear that even blind people can see that he’s the brightest among them all. Yes, even his opponents acknowledge this.
Look at what his fellow public officials and top personalities are saying about Gibo:
“Dependable, thoroughly professional, incomparably competent…”
– Former PRESIDENT FIDEL V. RAMOS
“personal background wise, Gibo is the most qualified among presidential aspirants.”
– SEN. MIRIAM DEFENSOR-SANTIAGO
“the most qualified person”
“Gibo is an upright man, intelligent, articulate. I have high respect for him,”
– Former PRESIDENT JOSEPH “Erap” ESTRADA
“With Gibo, you can sleep well knowing that the government is in good hands.”
– SEN. JUAN PONCE ENRILE
“Gibo is a decent and qualified candidate. That much I can say because I know him personally. We worked together when I was still lieutenant colonel and I’ve got nothing to say against him.”
– SEN. PING LACSON
“Gibo is the true jewel of the cabinet.”
– SEN. RALPH RECTO:
“I believe that Secretary Teodoro is the most effective and most competent candidate for president who will bring the best program of reform to Mindanao,”
–ESMAEL ‘TOTO’ MANGUNDADATU, VICE-MAYOR Buluan town
Gibo’s platform is a cut above the rest. His platform is crystal clear and realistic. He does not suffer from the messianic disease which infected the other candidates. They claim to be greater than Jesus. They claim to eradicate poverty and corruption in six years which even Jesus wasn’t able to and can’t do in this present world. He needs to make a new earth to make that happen. Erase corruption and poverty? Those are pure LIES. No one, when you read the Bible, can do that in this fallen world. They promise big words without clear platform on how to bring progress in this country.
Instead of laying their platforms, the “leading” presidentiables are banking on Pres. Gloria Arroyo’s low rating. It is funny that these candidates should be thankful to PGMA because without her “bad reputation”, they have nothing to base their candidacy.
I thoroughly understand that you can’t lead people without a vision and a clear plan on how to fulfill that vision. Empty rhetoric will lead you to nowhere. This nation if led by someone without a vision and a plan will only be reduced to chaos. That is why the candidate’s vision and platforms are very crucial in choosing whom to vote.
Did you ever give enough time and effort just to know your chosen candidate’s vision and platform? Did you ever compare it to the other candidates?
“Mr. Teodoro pointed out specific programs, specific goals and specific time lines to achieve such goals. He’s very articulate… we think he’s very good.”
– ALBERTO A. LIM, Makati Business Club (MBC) executive director http://www.bworldonline.com/weekender/content.php?id=6522
“As usual Gibo (Teodoro) was MOST IMPRESSIVE.” Speaking to reporters after yesterday’s presidential debate, Dee said Teodoro’s platform and answers stood out against other aspirants who attended the forum.
– DONALD DEE
Vice Chairman, Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Throughout history, great leaders always have a high level of charisma. Wherever he goes, when people see him and hear him, they tend to be attracted to him. He used to inspire people to go beyond the status quo, to go beyond which is mediocre.
In building this nation, unity is of utmost importance. We need a leader who can unite us together and lead us forward to our great destiny as a nation. Most of the presidentiables are very divisive. And most of them have already entered into a verbal war against each other. How can they unite this nation if they have planted much division right now in their campaigns? The only one who has the biggest chance to unite this nation is the one who is able to restrain himself from resorting to bad-mouthing, mudslinging, hatred and anger. And that is Gibo.
How about PGMA?
Actually, majority of people know in their hearts that indeed Gibo is the most qualified for the presidency. The only thing which holds them back is his association with President Gloria M. Arroyo. It is highly proven; even acknowledged by his opponents that Gibo’s integrity is untainted. To judge him just because he is under the administration is totally unfair. If the same standard of judgment be used against all of us, then we will never be chosen for any kind of job. Why? Because I bet all of us have one way or the other have “evil” associations.Jesus was with Judas for more than 3 years. Does it mean Jesus equals Judas? This only needs minimal common sense to arrive at the right conclusion.
As a student, I was thought that before making any decisions, or hiring a person, weigh all the credentials and who among the applicants has the tools and programs that can lead to better tomorrow. Decide whom you thinks is the greatest with regards to character, competence, platform, and charisma rather than being tossed by every wind that comes along.
Think, which is more important, TO HIRE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB? or TO HIRE THE WRONG PERSON FOR THE JOB?
lets hire the RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB not HIRE A PERSON BECAUSE HE WAS THROWN BY EMOTIONS. Lets hire a person with substance not style.
Tough time requires strong leadership and there is not time for on-the-job-training.
As for me, I’m placing my vote to Sec. Gilbert Teodoro, Jr. I can say he is indeed a rare kind in Philippine politics. Win or lose, I don’t care. At least I have a clear conscience that I voted the best man for the job. At least I won’t be having some kind of guilt and regret when our country is again under the leadership of incompetent ones. Actually it is never Gibo’s loss when he loses. It is the country’s loss.
IF YOU CARE FOR MY FUTURE AND WE SHARE THE SAME VIEW, PLEASE HELP ME PASS ON THIS EMAIL.
1. I dont hire a person because his accomplishment is being a son of former senator and president.
2. I dont hire a person because my emotion dictates more than my rational being.
3. If we hire a person without experience to take care of our future, what do we get in return?
It is like you own a company, do you trust a person to manage your company without experience? or with experience?
100% you will tell me that I will hire a person WITH EXPERIENCE.
4. I am young but I wont trust a person TO TAKE CARE OF MY FUTURE because his mom just died, emotions are high and we let him become president.
5. He has “clean image” because he prefer to say at the side, he prefer to just keep silent. Maybe if he become president, he will just be as silent as when he was a congressman and senator.
7. He should have walk his talk not talk and forget.